Not for Profit
Mission Australia is a national Christian charity that’s been delivering homelessness crisis and prevention services since 1859. Their work assists struggling families and children, addresses mental health issues, fights substance dependencies, supports people with disabilities and more. Driven by a belief that a person’s circumstances shouldn’t define their future and that given the right support, everyone can reach their full potential, Mission Australia works with people all across Australia to deliver these life-changing services.
With over 2,800 employees and thousands of volunteers, Mission Australia is headquartered in Sydney, with offices across regional and metropolitan centres around the country.
Mission Australia faced a number of challenges when it came to modernising its digital infrastructure, including:
- Outdated, complex legacy systems expensive to operate and update
A reliance on on-premises systems which limited mobility, flexibility and agility
- Difficulties accessing technology for staff, who then had their ability to support service delivery impacted
- The ability to meet the needs of delivering 450 programs nationwide across a complex organisation
- Changing client and funding requirements needing a new approach to information management, as well as better ways to access data and make faster, better decisions
- lean IT team across a geographically-dispersed organisation
The need for a secure, accessible technology solution even in very remote areas
Quorum’s work with Mission Australia identified the following needs to modernise their technical environments:
- Adopt new digital platforms and SaaS solutions by moving to Office 365 and Dynamics 365, with the goal of reducing legacy complexity, opening siloes of information without compromising security or privacy, and supporting organisation-wide information-sharing and collaboration
- Consolidate security providers, reducing the time Mission Australia’s IT staff spent across various security products from a range of vendors
- Adopt modern device management practices in order to simplify device deployment and management
- Transition from Tableau to Power BI for self-service reporting and visualisations, further maximising its office 365 investment and reducing costs
- Migrate on-premises workloads to the public cloud, reducing costs and creating instant access to data
Quorum’s work has resulted in Mission Australia’s ability to realise numerous benefits in their day-to-day operations since the transition, including an interconnected user experience, reallocation of staff time to business challenges (as opposed to IT headaches), reduced and predictable IT spending and improved security.
Quorum continues to work with Mission Australia on the next phase of their cloud transition roadmap, which will leverage Windows 10 and Intune to introduce a secure Bring Your Own Device program for staff and volunteers, leading to further reductions in costs. Further frameworks will also be developed within Power BI to report on every aspect of the business, enabling analysis of the right data and further tracking of social impact to improve service delivery.
Quorum’s expertise enabled a smooth, successful digital transformation for Mission Australia. This process involved:
- A cloud readiness assessment that evaluated Microsoft-based cloud solution suitability and proactively surfaced any obstacles that would need to be managed during the transition
- Enhanced Office 365 governance through the implementation of AvePoint, allowing Mission Australia’s IT team to act as a gateway and control who can create Microsoft Teams and SharePoint sites
- Implementing Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), seeing Mission Australia’s existing identity platform replaced with Azure AD premium and the implementation of Azure App proxy, allowing the team to publish secure web applications externally
- Rebuilding Tableau reports in Power BI, transitioning Mission Australia’s quality program and service impact measurement reports, performance reports and quality program reports to the new system
- Planned migration of workloads to Microsoft Azure, including the development of a framework for analysing survey results and sentiments using Microsoft Text analytics and natural language with Artificial Intelligence technology
Hear from our clients
Stories from our customers
Not for Profit