Azure Virtual Desktop
Empowering and securing seamless access with Azure Virtual Desktop
Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) is a desktop and app virtualisation service that runs entirely in the cloud, enabling scalable and flexible environments, deployment and management of virtual desktops, and the assignment and connection of users within the virtual desktop environment.
Simplify your deployment processes via centralised management of each user’s desktop, resulting in lower IT overheads and easy accessibility. Create virtual workspaces for employees that sync with real-time data, fully integrated into the cloud of preference. Manage data storage, protection, organisation and compliance within integrated VDS environments. Keep confidential data and company applications secured, no matter the working device, with proactive threat detection and mitigation.
Azure Virtual Desktop is the pinnacle of flexibility for your teams. Users can access their expected desktop experience, regardless of location, across different devices.
As part of the process, we provide guidance across:
- How to virtualise both desktops and apps, and assign and connect them to the right users
- Deliver an optimised app environment for your different users
- Lower your operating costs by pooling multi-session resources
- How to reduce the number of virtual machines in your environment
- Reducing your CAPEX costs by reducing the impact of hardware product life cycles
- Publishing as many host pools as you need to accommodate your diverse workloads
- Achieving a unified and simplified management experience for your admins
A question we get asked on almost every Azure project is, ‘How do I choose between Azure Virtual Desktop and Windows 365?’. There’s no single right answer to this question.
We’ve worked with clients who, after an initial assessment, choose either AVD, Windows 365 or a combination of both. The most important step in the process is working through the discovery and assessment to ensure that the selected solution meets your business’s requirements. Our specialist advice and experience across many various business frameworks allow us to provide an assessment that’s based on delivering the best outcomes for your needs.
AVD helps keep your organisation secure, utilising Microsoft 365’s security features to offer exceptional management and control of your data and processes. Security is critical to Quorum’s operations, and our implementation of Azure Virtual Desktop aligns with Microsoft’s proactive security measures, reduces the changes for data breaches, and addresses other security vulnerabilities in your ecosystem.
Azure Virtual Desktop security management includes:
- Data encryption at rest and in transit
- Role-based access control for data
- Secure remote access to the virtual desktop with multi-factor authentication
- Secure provisioning of VDI resources using OAuth tokens