Equity Trustees are one of Australia’s leading specialist trustee companies, helping private and corporate clients grow, manage and protect their wealth since 1888. Their services include:
- Wills and estate planning
- Executor services and estate administration
- Trustee services
- Wealth management and investments for private clients
- Philanthropic granting and charitable trust management
- Superannuation trusteeship
- Corporate trustee and responsible entity services
With a global team spanning offices across Australia, the UK and Ireland, Equity Trustees could not afford downtime or disruption to staff during their transition to the cloud. Their partnership with Quorum saw a migration plan developed that managed their move from on-premise Exchange to Microsoft 365 for Business.
Equity Trustees’ focus on the future required a culture of forward thinking and an ability to adapt. It was this proactive and agile approach that led their internal IT team to develop a progressive IT strategy with a cloud-first commitment.
- The decision to transition entirely to the cloud needed to allow staff members to be productive, efficient and effective across every application they use
- Significant IT risks needed to be mitigated through a cloud approach
- The internal IT team wanted to remove the risk of uptime, unavailability and upgrades across legacy on-premise apps and approaches
- Siloed communication tools led to a lack of efficiency across remote environments, which was further highlighted during COVID-19
Within eight weeks, half of the company’s user base had successfully migrated to Microsoft 365, even amongst the complexities of doing so within the COVID-19 environment. Equity Trustees reported a pain-free, complaint-free experience within this transition.
Team members have now used Microsoft 365 for months. ‘In Office 365, I especially like the MyAnalytics tool. It tells me how many meetings I have, how many people I’ve talked to, how many times I was late to a meeting, how much time I’ve lost, and much more,’ said Mittal. ‘The other day, it even asked if I wanted it to schedule a lunch break for me. It’s great because that information gives you the power to evaluate how you work and look for ways to do better.”
Key project outcomes have included:
- An increase in business confidence thanks to Microsoft 365’s capabilities across risk planning and user experience
- A realignment of internal IT skillsets and resources towards work that enables the meeting of business goals
- Ideation workshops that have shaped customised models and business outcomes
‘Trust is very important to me because I’m not close to the technical nitty gritty. I have to trust that the experts know what they’re doing, and that’s the sort of comfort I get with the Quorum team.’ – Akash Mittal, IT Manager, Equity Trustee
Quorum came alongside Equity Trustees to achieve their cloud-based needs and migrate all staff to Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Equity Trustees were aware of Microsoft’s work in the cloud space, knowing they wanted to utilise their suite of tools
With more than 250 staff in Australia and overseas, a smooth transition was desired within this large-scale project
- The successful completion of two projects with Quorum to date meant Equity Trustees were confident in their ability to deliver
“We knew they had the skills and capabilities – from account management to project management, technical expertise and everything in between. I was able to explain my vision, and based on that they helped me put together a project where we could quickly prove value, get business support, and do what we needed to do.” – Akash Mittal, IT Manager, Equity Trustees
Hear from our clients
Stories from our customers
Not for Profit
Not for Profit