Many clients, especially enterprise clients, already have a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system in place. So, it begs the question, why would you then deploy Sentinel? We’re going to discuss a few reasons that you might set up Sentinel alongside your existing SIEM, demonstrating how it integrates, and your long-term opportunities.
So why stand-up Sentinel when you already have a SIEM?
There are a number of reasons that you want to run Sentinel parallel with your existing SIEM. By seamlessly integrating with your existing SIEM, Sentinel combines AI, machine learning, and automation to provide advanced threat detection, response, and unparalleled visibility across your entire digital estate. With native cloud integration and support for diverse data sources, Sentinel empowers your security analysts, streamlines incident response, and optimises costs.
- Sentinel brings cutting-edge AI, ML, and automation capabilities to the table.
- With Sentinel, you’re getting visibility across Office 365, Azure AD and other popular cloud platforms.
- Sentinel is purpose-built for the cloud, leveraging the full potential of Azure. It natively integrates with diverse cloud services, empowering you to monitor and analyse cloud logs, events, and data sources with ease.
- Empower your security analysts with AI-driven detection and response mechanisms, enabling them to prioritise and streamline incident response workflows. Take advantage of Sentinel’s automation playbooks to automate repetitive tasks and free up valuable time for higher-value activities.
- Sentinel supports data connectors for both Microsoft and non-Microsoft products, ensuring seamless integration and enabling you to harness the full potential of your data.
- Sentinel follows a consumption-based pricing model, allowing you to optimise costs by paying only for what you use.
And one final standout reason…
Unlike any other SIEMs in market, Sentinel is both a SIEM and SOAR.
The SOAR aspect of Sentinel takes the security game to a whole new level with its proactive, semi or fully automated approach to threat management.
Microsoft Sentinel stands out as a superior SIEM solution due to its native integration of the Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) component. Unlike traditional SIEM platforms that require separate investments and configurations for SOAR capabilities, Sentinel seamlessly combines SIEM and SOAR functionalities into a single, powerful solution. This native integration empowers security teams with automated workflows, incident response playbooks, and streamlined processes, enabling faster detection, investigation, and response to threats.
With Sentinel’s built-in AI and machine learning capabilities, security analysts can leverage intelligent automation to handle routine tasks, freeing up their time to focus on high-value activities and strategic initiatives. It’s like having an elite security task force that tirelessly scans the digital landscape, identifying and managing threats before they can do any harm. With SOAR in your corner, you can rest easy knowing that your organisation is safeguarded round-the-clock, even when you’re not watching.
Embrace the future of cybersecurity operations with Microsoft Sentinel and experience the unmatched efficiency, effectiveness, and scalability it brings to your organisation.
You’ve deployed Sentinel, what now?
After onboarding Microsoft Sentinel into your workspace, you can leverage data connectors to ingest data from various sources into the platform. Microsoft Sentinel provides out-of-the-box connectors for Microsoft services, allowing real-time integration with services such as Office 365, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), Microsoft Defender for Identity, and Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.
Moreover, Microsoft Sentinel supports built-in connectors for non-Microsoft products, enabling you to connect your data sources using protocols like Syslog, Common Event Format (CEF), or REST APIs. Whether it’s retrieving log files through APIs or streaming real-time log data, Microsoft Sentinel offers flexible integration options.
Partnering with Quorum: Amplifying Your Security Capabilities
To ensure you maximise the benefits of Microsoft Sentinel integration, we can provide expertise and support throughout the process. Quorum specialises in assisting organisations in achieving their security objectives by harnessing the power of Microsoft Sentinel.
We’ve recently worked with a client who was heavily invested in Splunk and reluctant to take on another SIEM (understandably). Through analysis a way-forward became clear; we could wrap Microsoft capability around customers challenges, delivering greater efficiency, saving investment in both infrastructure & third-party costs, providing a cloud aggregation point.
We designed a solution that demonstrated the benefits for the native cloud connectors across the full Microsoft Cloud Suite, where we could start collecting information straight away while maintaining side-by-side topology into Splunk. It was key to the relationship that we demonstrated that we wouldn’t disrupt their investment or existing processes in Splunk.
Through its ease of deployment, & integration of non-Microsoft cloud sources combined with its automation features & out of the box workbook features, the client now sees that there is an opportunity to move more business operations to Sentinel and remove connections and reliance on Splunk.
By collaborating with Quorum, you can expect the following:
- Seamless Integration: Quorum’s expertise in integrating Sentinel with other SIEM solutions ensures a smooth and efficient process. It’s our job to help you establish connections between Sentinel and your existing SIEM, enabling a cohesive security infrastructure.
- Customised Solutions: we understand that every organisation has unique security requirements. We work closely with you to tailor the integration process to align with your specific needs and objectives.
- Expert Support: Throughout the integration journey, our team of experienced professionals is available to provide comprehensive support. From initial setup to ongoing maintenance, we ensure that your integration with Microsoft Sentinel is seamless, efficient, and effective.
- Enhanced Threat Detection and Response: By combining Sentinel’s advanced capabilities with Quorum’s expertise, you can strengthen your threat detection and response capabilities. Quorum helps you leverage the power of AI, ML, and investigation tools offered by Sentinel, enabling you to stay ahead of emerging threats.
Integrating Sentinel with other SIEM solutions can significantly enhance your organisation’s security posture. By partnering with Quorum, you can unlock the full potential of this integration. Together, Sentinel and Quorum empower you to detect and respond to threats effectively, ensuring the protection of your digital assets.
Don’t settle for subpar security. Embrace the power of Sentinel and the expertise of Quorum to bolster your defence against evolving cyber threats.
To learn more about how Microsoft Sentinel and Quorum can transform your security operations, contact us today.